Early Warning Signs of Periodontal Disease
When the tissues that hold your teeth in place get affected, then that disease is called Periodontal disease. It is typically caused by the negligence of dental care. This negligence leads to plaque that causes a sticky film of bacteria to grow by gum line that eventually gets harden on the teeth. Bleeding gums, painful chewing problems, tooth loss, and soreness are caused by this disease.
Note the symptoms:
- Permanent bad breath.
- Red and swollen gums.
- Bleeding gums.
- Sensitive gums.
- Painful chewing.
- Teeth loss and loose teeth.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Receding gums.
- Longer appearing teeth.
Some tips to prevent the disease:
- Brush your teeth daily. Twice a day is generally recommended.
- Use fluoride toothpaste for brushing.
- Floss regularly so the plaque can be removed from the in-between of the teeth.
- There are “water-flosser”, wooden or plastic pick, and special brush as well that can be used to remove plaque.
- Quit smoking.
- Restrict sweet drinks and food intake.
- Visit your dentist regularly for routine check-ups and cleaning.
The goal of periodontal treatments is to clean the teeth thoroughly so there is no plaque left in the pockets of the teeth so that your mouth stays clean and harmless. This treatment will prevent damage giving you a fresh breath and a painless smile. Book a free virtual consultation with our private dentist in Coventry now!