Know Everything About Your Oral Health Basics
Oral health is one of the most important factors of your overall well being. However, most people often take their oral health for granted. Unmaintained oral hygiene can prompt dental cavities and gum illness and has likewise been connected to coronary illness, disease, and diabetes.
Though keeping up with oral hygiene should be a lifelong commitment. However, taking basic oral health care will keep your problems at bay.
Some truths about your dental health
- According to a report of the World Health Organisation (WHO), dental cavities and gum diseases are very common forms of ailments across the globe.
- Somewhere in the range of 60 and 90 percent of younger children have at least one dental pit.
- Almost 99 percent of grown-ups have suffered from one dental depression at some point in time in their life.
- The cases of oral disease are high in developing or underdeveloped nations.
- Oral cancer cases have seen a surge across the globe over the years due to poor dental hygiene.
- Even smokeless tobacco products can irritate gum tissue thus causing damage to gums.
Basic steps to keep your teeth healthy
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day so that plaque can be removed before it hardens into position.
- Minimising your direct or indirect sugar intake.
- Avoiding tobacco products and drinking fluoridated water.
- Flossing should be as important as brushing.
- Eating crunchy foods, vegetables, and increasing water intake.
- Seeing your dentist at least once in six months.
If you experience any difficulty or signs of dental health issues, you should definitely seek the advice of your dentist and not wait for your problems to aggravate. A dental examination twice a year should always be given prime importance.
So, if you want to know more about oral health basics, visit our dentist or check out our website at https://drchetanmathias.co.uk today!